* Applicants can enroll via the online application form found on the respective programme page.
* Incomplete application will not be processed.
* Application is subject to approval on a case by case basis.
* Candidates will be notified of the application outcome via email.
* SMU Academy Financial Services reserves the right to reject any application at our sole discretion without assigning any reason.
The programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles.
IBF-STS provides 70% funding for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$7,000 per candidate per programme subject to all eligibility criteria being met. For more information on funding, IBF Certification and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements, please visit: www.ibf.org.sg.
For programmes commencing on and after 1 July 2016, Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above are eligible for 90% co-funding of direct training costs, subject to a cap of S$7,000 per participant per programme.
For more information, please visit: www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-STS.aspx
The programme is recognised under the Financial Training Scheme (FTS) and is eligible for FTS claims subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
The FTS provides 50% funding for direct training costs subject to a cap of S$2,000 per participant per programme.
For FTS programmes commencing on and after 1 July 2016, Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above are eligible for 90% co-funding of direct trainig costs, subject to a cap of S$2,000 per participant per programme.
Please note that in no way does this represent an endorsement of the quality of the training provider and programme. Participants are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles. For more information refer to www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-FTS.aspx
The FTS is available to eligible entities based on the prevalent funding eligibility, quantum and caps. FTS claims may only be made for recognised programmes with specified validity period. Please refer to www.ibf.org.sg for more information.
Course fee grant at 70% of course fees (excl. GST) for participants who are successfully enrolled by SMU into approved courses under the program. Participants must be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
Productivity and Innovation Credit Scheme
Companies which are not a financial institution or are not regulated by The Monetary Authority of Singapore may also enjoy tax benefits for training expenses incurred, under the Productivity and Innovation Credit Scheme (PIC). Terms and conditions apply. For more information, please click here.
Payment and Deferment Policy
Full payment must be made prior to programme commencement. Cheque or bank draft must be made payable to: Singapore Management University or “SMU” and mailed to SMU Academy Financial Services.
3 weeks before programme commencement. Applications received after deadline is subject to space availability.
All cancellations/withdrawals must be made in writing. The following charges apply for cancellations/withdrawals that occur within:
* 4 weeks prior to course commencement: No charge
* 2-4 weeks prior to course commencement: 25% of programme fee
* 1-2 weeks prior to course commencement: 50% of programme fee
* Less than 1 week prior to course commencement: 100% of programme fee
Candidates must submit in writing 2 weeks before course commencement. Request of deferment is subject to approval. Deferment to a later intake will not be permitted if candidates are already enrolled in an on-going intake.
Use of Personal Information
By registering for the programme, participant has given consent:
* for the information he/she has submitted to be used by SMU and its co-organisers/partners, funding agency e.g. WDA and IBF or other government agencies when necessary, in accordance with and to the fullest extent permitted by prevailing law and such policies which SMU may have at the relevant time.
* for any photographs or videos taken by SMU’s staff during the course to be used by SMU for training or marketing purposes.
SMU Academy Financial Services reserves the right to cancel the class if the minimum class size is not reached. Kindly note that SMU Academy Financial Services may make changes to the programme dates, time, venue, trainers etc as deemed necessary for circumstances beyond our control.
For more information on application procedures, please contact:
SMU Academy | Financial Services
60 Stamford Road Level 4
Tel: 6828 0563 । Fax: 6828 0429 । Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on 01 Feb 2018 .