This intensive 3-day workshop looks at the essential elements of international trade financing. Participants will learn about the rules, risks and key documentation of trade financing. Different methods of payment for international trade, such as documentary collections and documentary credits will be discussed. Participants will work on cases to gain hands-on experience on structuring of trade finance facilities to meet client needs.
Tailored for professionals from banking, trade and commerce who are new to trade financing, participants will walk away with practical knowledge in the application and structuring of trade lines.
- Gain an overview of international trade financing
- Understand the key risks in trade financing and measures to mitigate risks
- Learn the key features and applications of essential documentation and methods of payment
- Know the mechanism and applications of documentary collection and documentary credit
- Discuss key differences of documentary collections and documentary credits
- Structure working capital lines to meet clients’ trade finance requirements
Who should attend
- Corporate banking relationship managers, branch managers, management associates
- Corporate banking professionals involved in corporate lending, trade finance and support functions such as risk, audit, compliance and operations
- Corporate treasurer, finance and shipping executives involved in trade finance
Last updated on 21 Jul 2017 .