The Asia growth story remains intact notwithstanding economic uncertainties arising from global developments such as Brexit and the resulting financial markets volatilities. However, competition has intensified amongst banks and emerging non-bank players, jostling for a stronghold in Asia.
With increasing sophistication among clients, banking professionals need to have the relevant knowledge and expertise to bring value to clients, and sustain profitable growth in the long term. Market opportunities favour those who are well-versed with the workings of the industry.
Designed for new entrants, the SMU Executive Certificate in Commercial Banking (IBF Level 1) course provides a structured training roadmap to learn the fundamental building blocks of corporate banking, and acquire critical competencies to become successful corporate bankers.
The course comprises of 2 modules. Module 1: Credit Evaluation and Management and Module 2: Structuring Credit Facilities. Participants who successfully complete the course and pass all the assessments will be conferred the IBF Qualified (IBFQ) certification by The Institute of Banking & Finance (IBF).
- Learn the principles of commercial banking
- Differentiate features and applications of core corporate banking products and services
- Know the relevant corporate banking regulations, industry guidelines and practices
- Identify prospective clients through market research
- Understand credit evaluation framework and process
- Assess credit worthiness of clients
- Detect early warning signs and triggers to loan default
- Structure credit facilities to meet clients’ financing needs
- Apply securities and covenants to mitigate lending risks
- Perform wallet sizing to identify cross-selling opportunities
Who should attend
- New hires, management associates supporting the corporate banking functions in either client facing, credit analysis or operational support roles
- Relationship managers and credit analysts keen to be certified via structured training
- Trade finance, cash management, credit administration personnel who require deeper understanding of the corporate lending function
- Banking professionals supporting the corporate banking department such as legal and compliance, IT, risk and audit
- Aspiring individuals who are keen to pursue a career in the corporate banking industry
About IBF Certification for Level 1 Programmes
Last updated on 18 May 2017 .